1. Place the compass at the endpoint W of segment WX.
2. Adjust the compass to slightly longer than half the segment WX length.
3. Draw arcs above and below the segment WX.
4. Keeping the same compass width, draw arcs from the endpoint X of the segment WX.
5. Place ruler where the arcs cross, and draw the line segment. This line is a perpendicular bisector of the segment WX.
See description below.
The given line segment WX is shown.
To construct a perpendicular bisector of WX, do the following;
1. Place the compass tip at point W and open the compass to more than half the radius of segment WX.
2. Draw an arc up and another arc below the line segment.
3. Maintaining the same radius, stand at point X and draw an arc above to intersect the first arc, and another arc below also to intersect the first one.
4. Using a straight edge, draw a straight line through the intersections of the pairs of arcs.
To perpendicular bisector of line segment WX. There are following steps:
1) Draw arcs or circles from points A and B on the both sides of WX.
2) Name the intersection points as W and X.
3) Use the straightedge to draw a line through points W and X.
4) Name the point as O
hence we have construct perpendicular bisector AB of WX which bisects at O.
the first one
just id the test.